The Nuclear Weapons Abolition and Economic and Energy Conversion Act
in the U.S. House of Representatives would “provide for nuclear weapons abolition and economic conversion … while ensuring environmental restoration and clean-energy conversion.” Learn more and email your Representative by clicking here.
World BEYOND War is uniting with NuclearBan.US, Code Pink, and Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom on a National Call-in Day today!
On this important day, we urge you to take just five minutes to call your Representative’s DC office at 202-224-3121.
Some ideas of what you might say:
- I’m your constituent.
- I would like my Representative to co-sponsor H.R. 2419.
- It’s also called the Nuclear Weapons Abolition and Economic and Energy Conversion Act.
- New polling, just like polls for many years, shows that the U.S. public wants to move money from militarism to human needs.
- There’s $43 billion a year in nuclear weapons that serve no sane purpose.
- Would you be willing to meet with me and other constituents about this?
Share this Facebook event.
World BEYOND War is a global network of volunteers, activists, and allied organizations advocating for the abolition of the very institution of war. Our success is driven by a people-powered movement –
support our work for a culture of peace.
World BEYOND War 513 E Main St #1484 Charlottesville, VA 22902 USA
Checks must be made out to “World BEYOND War / AFGJ” or we can’t deposit them.